A PLACE FOR ME TO RAMBLE, VENT AND EXPRESS MYSELF TO ANYONE WHO CARES ENOUGH TO STOP BY.

Friday, February 11, 2005

i almost died this weekend

ok, so i'm writing this on friday, knowing that i will not be able to post it until monday probably, assuming i am well enough to work by then. i have been sick at home all day, although i usually don't work on fridays anyway due to my part-time status. but nobody will probably know the difference, because 1) i can post retroactively, and 2) the number of people reading my old posts can be counted on one hand.

but i am bored at home and i feel the need to write about it, so write i shall. besides, talking hurts my throat.

so here's the whole sick story. i figure i contracted said sickness tuesday from the husky-voiced lindsay who, as winner of the late-night imitation nerf hoop madness detailed in the previous post, had her germy hands all over the communal nerf ball more than enough times to ensure transmission. so when i was done shooting some real hoops with my roommate joel on wednesday night, i was surprisingly exhausted. "i feel OLD," were the words i used.

and the truth is that i AM old, but i hardly ever feel it. so i was kind of relieved on thursday when i started feeling worse and realized that i was only sick, and not actually turning old. i think old kind of feels like sick, but in a more prolonged way.

i worked through thursday without a whimper. but when i got home, my true nature took over. i am the biggest achy breaky whiny baby in history when i am sick. i moan and wail and complain whether there's anyone around to hear me or not. and since i wasn't feeling nearly pathetic enough, i busted out some chick flick dvds that lindsay borrowed me. (like it wasn't enough to just infect me.) so here i am, writhing in pain and snuggled up on the couch with my blanket and all four of my pillows, crying at all the appropriate moments because i feel so alone, in a sickly and unattractive way, and even though i'd like to call someone, i'm trying really hard not to use my cellphone during the day. you see, i went over my minutes last month (even though i didn't use it for 9 days while i was out of state), and i am woefully poor as it is, so i'm being careful with it, and like that would help me feel any better since i can hardly talk at all anyways. so yeah, that's the physically draining and emotionally turbulent state of affairs that i have been living in today.

joel is home now and has been playing bond on the xbox while i've been venting. if i am sick long enough to become addicted like poor joel, then someone please find me and kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home