A PLACE FOR ME TO RAMBLE, VENT AND EXPRESS MYSELF TO ANYONE WHO CARES ENOUGH TO STOP BY.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

patience

so it feels like this has been a major theme in my life of late. i don't recall ever praying for patience, but if i did, i'm really sorry about it. and it's not just one major thing that i'm waiting for (although i can talk about that if i really wanted to), but a whole bunch of little things.

it just seems that anything that i might depend on is taking much longer to transpire than i would expect it to normally. tax returns, storage unit keys, or final payments on the car i just sold. it doesn't matter what it is, even if it's just an answer to a question, it takes a few weeks. right now i'm waiting for the guy who sold me betty (previous post) to return from california so that he can accompany me to the dmv in order to get the title in my name. taking a chance on some cheap wheels, i skipped a few of my normal protocols because hey, it's only $900. but apparently, they're pickier about title matters than i thought. whether by his mistake or careful design, i have been left with an unregistered car with newly expired tags.

so what, am i supposed to just not fret about it, and ride my bike until he returns my call? does that seem stupid to anyone else? or is that called "patience"? i have to admit that the picture of this becoming sort of a fairview-style showdown is difficult to shake.

i try to remind myself that all these things will come to pass in time, just like they always have. i know that wigging out doesn't do anyone any good. the new glasses will arrive. new projects will come in at work. the mailbox key will dramatically reappear.

and maybe i'll become more patient.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krazy Krafter said...

Thanks for reading about my crazy job and leaving a comment. I saw on your profile that you like(d) FIF. Me too! I also like Pedro the Lion. I'm not familiar with the other bands so much. This is a random comment. Sorry.

9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home