A PLACE FOR ME TO RAMBLE, VENT AND EXPRESS MYSELF TO ANYONE WHO CARES ENOUGH TO STOP BY.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

three dozen

so today i have some assorted thoughts about impending birthdays...

i'm excited to finally say the exact age, instead of saying that my birthday is coming up and that i'm ALMOST that old. ok, well, maybe "excited" isn't the best word, but i do hate the dilemma that arises when asked about my age near a birthday. at what point are you "close enough" that you simply round it up to the next number???

and i guess it still amazes me how often my age comes up. it's almost a novelty. maybe if i got fat and married and responsible then people would leave it alone. unfortunately, the only progress i can report is a slight weight gain since being able to afford ice cream bars.

my friend lindsay has gone to the trouble of planning a get-together of some kind for the day, and i have been trusted with the task of handing out invites that i am not supposed to read. i know when it is, but i have no idea what is in store. secretly, i am hoping for one continuous backrub, so i'm trying to invite people with strong hands.

my feelings about the day have become increasingly indifferent. when you're a kid, the excitement regarding each new age is nearly tactile. when you get older, you develop a more "bah, humbug!" type of attitude. now i see no reason to make a big fuss either way.

that's all i got today.

4 Comments:

Blogger X said...

only two words are worth mentioning to commemorate my near-40th this month:

starbucks giftcards.

6:44 PM

 
Blogger X said...

oh yeah -- and happy birthday, yo.

maybe they don't ask me my age anymore 'cause I'm married and fat?

6:49 PM

 
Blogger brett said...

..don't forget 'responsible'. and since i'm poor, for your birthday i will give the gift of freedom (from your caffeine addiction). sorry.

11:52 PM

 
Blogger X said...

heresy.

10:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home