A PLACE FOR ME TO RAMBLE, VENT AND EXPRESS MYSELF TO ANYONE WHO CARES ENOUGH TO STOP BY.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

fancy feast

since i don't feel like explaining the role depression can play in various plot devices one can employ (either consciously or subconsciously) within any number of creative endeavors, i will instead provide visual evidence of a uniquely profound and under-documented portion of my life. that is to say: i got all dolled up for a work-related public spectacle, and pictures were taken.

i was at the hotel captain cook for a super duper wine & food fest with my coworkers and a good friend of mine. since it was a fund raiser for the american cancer society and we did a bunch of stuff for them pro bono, we got a table. there was a 6-course dinner with featured wines throughout the night.

so it was pretty fancy. (at $125 a seat, i guess it should be.) i don't drink wine, but i tried the food, and it was good. not really my kind of thing, but it was cool to try something different. anyway, this provided the impetus to try to be the best-dressed brett i could be, and i think i succeeded, although i think that perhaps the best feature of my special attire was how well i matched the colors in my bathroom.

so here you go. enjoy.


photographic proof of what i look like all gussied up.


see? my shirt is the same color as the pumpkin orange walls.


rindianapolis eats a fancy something-or-other.


SOLCOM!!! no power in the verse can stop us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i agree that 2006 was a good year to be over. it was a prety lonely year for me too. i always like to know how my friends are handling things; thanks for the update. :) oh, and congradulations on being off the "space". :)

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

omg - my space totally sucks. i hate that place. it's clunky. it's lame. but it provides entertainment avenues around anchorage - that's the ONLY reason I still have an account over there.

hey - did you eat the duck? I couldn't. I don't know why. I've never liked it. I don't drink wine either . . . it gives me cluster headaches.

it was great seeing you again - and i hope we can work together in the future!

12:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your "blogs." I laughed, I cried, they moved me. I read the first one and was hooked. I traveled all the way back to 2005, through gypsie lands, $900 cars, feast and famine. Thanks for sharing and sticking me on the "blog list". I hope that being a killer dancer will help contribute to 2007 being better than 2006. : )

10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home